Gas Project Management Specialist will consult the Utility on the following requirements:
- Partner with supply management to work on contractor bids, control costs and negotiate new contracts;
- Verify permits and partner with FCA's on projects in construction;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with contractors and external Utility stakeholders;
- Hold a strong eye for detail in identifying contractor trends and communicate these accordingly to supply management;
- Organize internal departments to effectively control scheduling of projects and communicate findings to contractors;
- Partner with contractors to ensure efficiency and cost control. Negotiate on contracts in the interests of Utility to maintain cost efficient processes;
- Communicate with external and internal stakeholders on project status and requirements;
- Act as a representative for senior Utility stakeholders in internal and external meetings. Ensure the highest standards are met in the interests of Utility;
- Be involved in the grading of contractors in terms of their vendor scoring i.e. DBE, safety, leadership.
- Experience working in the project management function of a utility (western states only)
- Experience working with contractor supply management
- Understanding of gas construction aspects
- Excellent standard of verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders - i.e. good follow up and follow through, does what they say they're going to do.
- Very strong numeric/analytical skills. Proven ability to track, analyse and identify trends in large data sets
- Software: Excel - advanced, MS projects
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated resume & references for review. We are looking to conduct final round interviews next week with a decision being made by the 26th of June. I commit to responding within 24 hours of resume submission.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.