We are looking for an experienced Fixed Equipment Engineer to work the Turnaround, preferred 10 years refinery experience. Turnaround Experience is a plus.
RATE - $50-80+ DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Under the direction from the Reliability Supervisor, Turnaround Superintendent, & Operations Coordinator the Turnaround Engineer is responsible ensuring the identified scope of work meets the appropriate engineering and code policies and standards. Coordinate with the Reliability, Maintenance, Inspection, and Contractors performing field inspections and evaluations to ensure that all engineering issues are addressed by appropriate department. Troubleshooting equipment or scope problems during execution and recommending expedient and cost effective solutions. Check systems for compliance to specifications and serve as liaison between engineers, designers, and drafters. A Refinery or petrochemicals background is desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
Ensures the completion of engineering assignments as required by the turnaround plan
Coordinates with inspection and specialist areas to ensure full completion of maintenance plan
Ensure the availability of required resources (material and manpower) to carry out all turnaround responsibilities related to the team
Provide direction to designers and direct reports in performing their roles and responsibilities
Participates in budgeting and cost estimates for turnaround activities
Develop, review and update the work instructions and working procedures related to turnaround, communicate updates and instructions when required
Acts as a champion for all company engineering policies and procedures
Ensures the recommendations from NCR's and RCM's are followed
Ensure the work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with the company's policy, procedures to achieve the objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner
Communicate with planners and materials management to make sure that the scope of work is well understood and reviews and communicates equipment specifications
Ensure that execution of scope is done per the engineering standards in the best and most efficient way
Verify full implementation engineering scope and assume responsibility of negative variation
Challenge the requirement for additional scope of work and participate in cost estimation
Communicate all findings encountered during scope execution and suggest a correct repair or staged improvement plan
Expert at all aspects of typical piping specifications and materials used in industrial facilities.
Proficient in reviewing isometric as well as orthographic piping drawings
Interface with other engineers providing and receiving information on design requirements.
Check all work for compliance to contract SOW
Ability to work with minimum or no supervision to complete tasks
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to manager as required
- Informs managers of decisions that differ from Engineering Standards, Code, or Policy
- Maintains a high level of understanding for applicable engineering national and local codes
- Participates in meetings as required: i.e., Business Development Turnover Meeting, Weekly Project Meetings, Pipe Rack Layout Meeting, etc.
- Reviews and answers questions of team member's design and utilizes opportunities for teaching of proper design and standards.
- Checks drawings according to design standards manual and checking procedures.
- Ensures FCOs, RFIs and SG's are reviewed for engineering input
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards and techniques in piping, and mechanical fixed equipment.
- Thorough understanding of documentation and document control procedures.
- Proficient in AutoCad and special programs (Cad Pipe for example)
- Proficient in use of personal computer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms.
- Strong understanding of mathematics, including algebra and trigonometry.
- Strong knowledge of the following, based on a particular area of expertise: standard mechanical fabrication and erection techniques (API); Pipe stress and hanger detail design (OSHA)
- A Minimum ten (10) years of overall experience in Turnarounds, maintenance, or project construction in refining or petrochemical environment.
- Expert in the use and maintenance of plant history, P&ID's, and other technical files
- Familiar with HSE regulations.
- Knowledgeable in Engineering Procedures and Best Practices.
Highly proficient in Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, or Turnaround Engineering with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of ten years of petrochemical plant experience or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required with previous petrochemical plant experience.
Knowledge of refinery operations and craft knowledge. Strong interpersonal, analytical, business and technical judgment, negotiation, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and understand Isometric and Piping Identification Drawings and general industrial symbols. Knowledge of refinery engineering standards needed to create piping packages for engineering review and approval. Advanced reading and writing. Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations and computer skills. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written nod verbal communication. On call 24 hours per day, seven days per week on as needed basis.
Office and refinery based with no travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors environment, and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, working in confined spaces, and exposure to the risk of electrical shock. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions. Extended hours necessary during periods of plant turnarounds.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, reaching or grasping, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver's license and proof of insurance, wearing personal protective equipment and in emergency situations may be required to wear a respirator (beards not permitted). Job conditions may require making precise hand and finger movements, lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 50lbs, climbing up to 200ft, perceiving color differences, and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.