Progressive Global Energy has an urgent need for a Facilities/Flowback Engineer for one of the Largest Oil and Gas Operators in the US. The position is based in Midland, TX, but we will consider candidates in the New Mexico or surrounding area. This person would be working Greenfield projects(new construction) in the Delaware Basin and would spend half their time doing engineering design and the other half coordinating/supporting every single one of the company's flowbacks and tie ins to existing facilities. Candidates can effectively grow their flowback experience in this role so limited amount of experience on this is okay. Candidates can have a wide variety of background experience in anything from: engineering and coordinating, support/project engineering or project management.
Flowback Engineering Coordinator Duties/Experience
- Interface between Wellwork Superintendent, Operations, Facility Engineering and Construction to successfully tie in 150 wells to sales in 2019.
- Coordinate and schedule field activities for ESD install, flowlines, flowback setup, and turn in to facility readiness
- Coordinate early battery commissioning flowback setups and phased liquid movement to battery
- Flowback sand Control Evaluation, testing, and implementation engineering Low emissions flowback design, setup, and coordination
- Engage with Production Accounting to meet reporting needs
- Manage multiple facility projects with moderate complexity.
- Engineering support will include options analysis/selection, design, AFE, procurement, drawings, construction support, commissioning support/start-up, post start-up modifications.
- Sand management or flowback setup experience with an onshore US operator preferred
- There will be lots of visibility working between functions so excellent communication and project management skills are required.
- Prefer extensive experience in tie ins and designing flow backs.
- Engineering - on pad vessel sizing and tank set ups
Initial Job Description:
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design, procure, and support construction and start-up of new production facilities (oil, water, gas, water disposal) in rapidly growing Delaware Basin
- Provide surveillance and operations support of production facilities; making modifications/replacements as required
- Lead efforts to develop fit-for-purpose equipment strategies
Primary Job Duties and Activities
- Work safely and help identify and mitigate SHE risks
- Actively participate in Company safety training and risk prevention programs
- Provide surveillance and operations support for existing and new development properties in West Texas and SE NM; actively engage field operations staff - dedicating time in the field (avg 1 day/week)
- Manage multiple facility projects with moderate complexity to support new leases, new wells and stimulated wells including flowlines, gathering/distribution systems, separators, free water knock-outs, heaters, tanks, pumps, meters, electrical, compression and flares. Engineering support will include options analysis/selection, design, AFE, procurement, drawings, construction support, commissioning support/start-up, post start-up modifications.
- Lead efforts in developing Company Permian Division equipment strategies for major equipment (critical pumps, compressors, vessels, tanks, etc.). Equipment strategies will link to Company Siteview program. Develop pilot program, rollout to Division, then broaden program for critical equipment in a fit-for-purpose fashion.
Skills and Knowledge (Desired but flexible, looking for best overall candidate)
- Most Important - Competent/Expert: 1) Operations Support & Surveillance, 2) and Operation, 3) Fixed Equipment Design and Operation, 4) Oil Treating & Storage, and 5) Maintenance and Reliability
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with industry (API, ANSI, ASTM, etc.) standards
- Ability to work in a fit-for-purpose (non-EMCAPS) environment; standards/design commensurate with lower, onshore complexity and risk.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment with Operations, Subsurface Engineering, Reservoir Engineering.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficient with drawings, especially P&IDs and PFDs
- Strong commitment to personnel safety and Operations Integrity
- Minimum BS in Engineering
- Prefer mechanical or chemical engineer but will accept other engineering disciplines with practical facility engineering experience
Related Work Experience Preferences/Requirements
- More experience the better however Minimum 3-5 years but willing to accept more experience if candidate able to adapt to lower complexity, Company process environment
- Demonstrated early leadership capability
Office in Midland, Texas
- Travel ~2 days/week to field operating areas
- Will use own vehicle to travel to field although most of our engineers travel with other company employees to the field. (travel allowance will be paid daily for field travel days and paid travel time will be paid at half of the hourly pay rate)
- Paid hourly rates are very open dependent upon experience
This is a 1 year, full-time, contract position, with the desired candidate to go direct hire if candidate so chooses(most of our engineers go direct hire anywhere from 6-12 months in these roles). Looking for someone to start ASAP!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.