One of the World's Largest Oil & Gas Companies(Operator) is looking for a Facilities Engineer. This position is based in booming Midland, TX where the company has announced they will be producing 1 million barrels of oil per day by the end of 2019 and do not expect production to peak until the year 2035 so longevity for the role is here! This is a full-time, Monday-Friday, 6 month contract position that will go direct hire after 6 months. We offer competitive hourly rates with overtime at time and a half, full benefits and 401k. There is also field per diem and travel allowances when traveling in the field. Looking for candidates local to the Midland, TX area or willing to relocate there.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design, procure, and support construction and start-up of new and/or modified production facilities (oil, water, gas, water disposal) in rapidly growing Permian Basin
- Provide surveillance and operations support of production facilities; making modifications/replacements as required
- Lead efforts to develop fit-for-purpose equipment strategies
Primary Job Duties and Activities
- Work safely and help identify and mitigate SHE risks
- Actively participate in Company safety training and risk prevention programs
- Provide surveillance and operations support for existing and new development properties in West Texas and SE NM; actively engage field operations staff - dedicating time in the field (avg 1 day/week)
- Manage multiple facility projects with moderate complexity to support new leases, new wells and stimulated wells including flowlines, gathering/distribution systems, separators, free water knock-outs, heaters, tanks, pumps, meters, electrical, compression and flares. Engineering support will include options analysis/selection, design, AFE, procurement, drawings, construction support, commissioning support/start-up, post start-up modifications.
- Lead efforts in developing Company Permian Division equipment strategies for major equipment (critical pumps, compressors, vessels, tanks, etc.). Equipment strategies will link to Company Siteview program. Develop pilot program, rollout to Division, then broaden program for critical equipment in a fit-for-purpose fashion.
Skills and Knowledge (Desired but flexible, looking for best overall candidate)
Most Important - Competent/Expert: 1) Operations Support & Surveillance, 2) Piping Systems Design and Operation, 3) Fixed Equipment Design and Operation, 4) Oil Treating & Storage, and 5) Maintenance and Reliability
- Additional (fit-for-purpose) Basic/Competent: 1) Instrumentation & Controls, 2) Rotating Equipment D&O, 3) Electrical Equipment & Systems D&O, 4) Fluid Flow and Hydraulics, 5) Relief, Vent and Flare Systems, 6) Water Treating, 7) Measurement and Metering, 8) Materials and Corrosion, 9) Major Equipment Selection, Startup & Commissioning, 10) Product Quality Assurance, 11) Production Utilities D&O, 12) Heat Exchanger D&O, and 13) Capacity Enhancement,
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with industry (API, ANSI, ASTM, etc.) standards
- Ability to work in a fit-for-purpose (non-EMCAPS) environment; standards/design commensurate with lower, onshore complexity and risk.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment with Operations, Subsurface Engineering, Reservoir Engineering.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficient with drawings, especially P&IDs and PFDs
- Strong commitment to personnel safety and Operations Integrity
- Minimum BS in Engineering
- Prefer mechanical or chemical engineer but accept other engineering disciplines with practical facility engineering experience
Related Work Experience Preferences/Requirements
- Minimum 3 years, but prefer 8-10 years experience
- Demonstrated early leadership capability
- Office in Midland, Texas
- Travel ~1-2 days/week to field operating areas
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.