Our client, a world leading Pharmaceuticals Company in Cleveland Mississippi is currently recruiting for a Engineering Project Manager II to join their expanding team on a 1 year contract with an opportunity of extension or converting to a permanent position.
Our clients facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Their Cleveland plant has been an integral part of our clients business for over 65 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as our client offers competitive compensation and benefits. Our client encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
* Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
* Prepare estimates for various tasks and projects.
* Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
* Utilize engineering principles to provide mechanical design work for machine components including assembly equipment with robotics, filling machines with servo-drives, mixing equipment, and the control of this equipment.
* Troubleshoot production problems related to process equipment and develop corrective actions.
*Research the purchase of new equipment or equipment upgrades to existing process equipment.
* Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications, and necessity of modification.
*Manage start-up, debug, and commission of new manufacturing processes.
* Equipment life cycle management including: upgrades, replacement, and decommissioning
* Product life cycle management including: product design changes, material changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
* Provide technical support/troubleshooting to all plant departments.
* Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
* Perform process reviews and prepare technical reports detailing equipment operation, best practices and recommended changes.
*Develop User Requirement Specifications, Technical Specification and Design Specifications for new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
* Author and executes protocols to include FAT, SAT, IQ and OQ.
* Perform validation maintenance reviews of process and utility systems
*Research and analyze custom equipment, design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
* Demonstrate proactive communication and problem solving.
* Responsible for supporting and achieving Value Improvement Projects (VIP's).
Education and Skills required for this role
* Bachelor degree in Engineering Required (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer degrees are preferred)
* 5+ years Engineering / Manufacturing experience. FDA manufacturing preferred.
* Programming/troubleshooting experience with BMS, HVAC, automated assembly is preferred.
* Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
* Experience in a pharmaceutical environment writing and reviewing validation and change control documentation.
* Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification or industry standard equivalent is preferred.
* Plastics experience such as plastic bottle blow molding, plastic component injection molding, liquid silicone molding, or film/tubing extrusion is a plus.
* Project Management skills and experience are a plus.
* Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
* Must be able to meet all cleanroom Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) for areas of manufacturing where work needs to be done.
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime work, including nights and weekends, as needed to support manufacturing activities.
Benefits of working with us…
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skill set, then I look forward to hearing from you.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.