Engineering evaluation of the Gas Transmission System assets and components, work will include assessments, risk ranking, extensive data collection, and analysis, tracking performance and replacement reviews. Assist in implementation of a comprehensive Transmission Integrity Program consistent with existing and proposed regulations for over 1200 miles of gas transmission piping.
ArcSM - GIS experience - ArcGIS experience
Working with excel and the mapping system
Support the field assessment of gas transmission pipelines
Identification of project risk and development of mitigation strategies
Conduct engineering review and analysis of integrity related system issues
Track and report on key performance indicators related to critical asset classes
Provide technical support and training regarding cathodic protection of gas facilities and update procedures where necessary
Provide updated training/review of specifications, methods and equipment for engineering, field services, and other National Grid personnel involved in transmission line pipe defect assessment and repair.
Perform risk modeling utilizing PHA, LOPA, QRA and other risk tools and models
Project development and management
Estimating , cost tracking and project documentation verification
Develop strategy for fitness for service and retention of existing assets
- Engineer with Bachelor's in Engineering, Mechanical, or Civil from an accredited school.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from an ABET accredited engineering school with up to 20 years of related experience
- Entry level to 20 years prior experience required.
- Professional Engineering License or EIT Certificate desired.
- Prior cathodic protection experience or NACE certification desired
- Be self-motivated and have basic knowledge about natural gas delivery system, codes, design, construction, installation, testing, inspections and maintenance of various assets.
- Able to travel overnight outside of your normal work area as needed.
- Able to work overtime including nights/weekends/holidays for emergencies or other special projects
- Familiar with baseline assessment methods: (ECDA) External Direct Assessment (ILI) Inline Inspection.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.