We are looking for a Engine, Thermodynamics & Leadership Consultant to be based on the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland. This is a contract position and we are looking for candidates to be able to start in June.
The role is an rewarding and challenging technical leadership position. It is likely the person will have a strong technical & academic background and can demonstrate working on cutting edge technical innovations within engine development.
- Strategic role to drive forward a road-map of engine based power plant systems combining industry leading efficiency and integration with renewables, batteries and cogen- and trigen-eration plants
- Provide the technical expertise across the business to drive the investment with engine ( must have some diesel experience) OEMs
- Identify, establish and manage in the early phases other partnerships with leading innovators and universities to establish technical product leadership
- Ensure that technical leadership translates into commercial advantage by proactive alignment of technology portfolio to business unit, sales marketing, and product management teams
- Manage the delivery new concepts, and transfer into New Product Development (be involved in strategic road maps, taking new ideas and driving them )
- Extensive experience in the field of engine performance ( diesel, steam & other) , power plant co- or tri-generation or thermodynamic systems
- cycle design, and modelling and simulation of thermal systems
- experimental development of engine or thermodynamic systems products and or integration for electricity, heating and cooling
- standard modelling tools and theory
- planning and delivery of innovation projects up to prototype demonstrator phases
- Ability to manage supply chain partners, external consultants, and university collaboration
- Strong academics is engine performance, thermodynamic systems or related subject
- Chartered status would be advantageous
More information is available on request.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
If you are interested in this position then please send your CV to me and I will give you a call. You can call me in the Manchester Progressive and find me on Linkedin.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales