Supporting one of Europe's leading power providers we are looking for an Engine Performance & Technical Leadership Consultant, to be based on the in either the Midlands or Glasgow. Given the nature of the role, there will be flexibility and not be based exclusively in the office.
Our client operate across a variety of sectors, including utilities, oil and gas, manufacturing and construction. They are are a class leader in fuel efficiency, flexibility and lowest cost of energy, by using conventional and renewable fuel sources.
The role is technical leadership position, particularly for fuel efficiency. It is likely the person will have a strong technical background and can demonstrate working on cutting edge technical innovations.
- Extensive experience in the field of engine performance. Experience within the automotive sector and diesel engines experience is a must.
- Strong expertise in cycle design, and modelling and simulation of thermal systems
- Direct experience in experimental development of engines or thermodynamic systems products
- Strong familiarity with standard modelling tools and theory
- Experience of planning and delivery of innovation projects up to prototype demonstrator phases
- Ability to manage supply chain partners, external consultants, and university collaboration
- Strategic role to deliver the next generation of engine based power plant systems combining industry leading efficiency and integration with renewables, batteries and cogen- and trigen-eration plants
- Provide the technical expertise across the business to drive the investment with engine OEMs
- Identify, establish and manage in the early phases other partnerships with leading innovators and universities to establish technical product leadership
- Ensure that technical leadership translates into commercial advantage by proactive alignment of technology portfolio to business unit, sales marketing, and product management teams
- Manage the New Technology Acquisition phases of new concepts, and transfer into New Product Development (be involved in strategic road maps, taking new ideas and driving them )
Personal skills/experience & Desired Behaviours
- A high degree of innovation, creativity and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail combined with agility
- Willing to travel and be an effective communicator
- Broad awareness of industry and research developments
- 15 years+ experience or strong academics is engine performance or thermodynamic systems or related subject
- Chartered status would be advantageous
If you are interested in this positon then please send your CV to me and I will give you a call. You can call me in the Manchester Progressive offices also & Linkedin.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales