A client of progressives is looking for an Embedded Test Engineer in Newcastle for a 6 month contract. You will be testing software for both our Q-POC™ platform and internal research platforms.
This role requires a very proactive tester and test software developer to own and drive the testing arm of the software development team. This will encompass toolset selection or advisement as well as deployment, set up, maintenance and use of the entire toolset.
This role may require travel throughout the UK and some occasional international trips.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- 3-5 years' experience in Software Testing role
- Cross-platform C/C++ experience on embedded and desktop platforms
- Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. Including the
setup and modification of such systems.
- Test coverage tool use, and deployment/set up experience
- Design and implementation of automated and manual tests, as appropriate, to cover:
- Module, sub-system and system level testing
- Integration and regression testing
- Production of test planning, logging and reporting documentation
- Experience working with a QA team
- General drive and ability to assess and select (or provide useful summary information) of toolsets and services for CI systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic team-based environment on complex, fast-paced projects, interacting with both internal and external partners are a must.
- Candidate must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Cloud build services experience (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with embedded software systems and firmware development is strongly desired, as is experience of interfacing software with bespoke hardware. Some basic electronics knowledge would be beneficial.
- Development under quality systems using extensive unit testing and code reviews is preferred. Knowledge of ISO13485 (Medical Devices)
- Experience with IVD assay development or developing Life Science instruments or medical devices is desirable.
This position can have and extremely quick turnaround. Should this be of interest to you please send me you latest CV and contact number Tel: 0121 632 5555
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales