A client of progressives is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer in Newcastle for a 6 month contract £40 -£45ph.
We are looking for a C++ Software Developer who, as a key member of the development. This is an opportunity to bring your knowledge of C++ development in the medical device or diagnostic market to support a cutting-edge technology in the human health space. Working in an agile development model, you will be a key element in the drive to develop powerful software within the IEC 62304 regulatory framework.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
You should have a strong background developing embedded C++ applications based on Linux operating systems. This experience should include direct exposure to the medical device/diagnostic industry, so you have a natural understanding of how to develop software that meets the regulatory requirements for this sector.
This should be accompanied by:
- Test driven development approach, experience with automated build and test environments
- Experience with medical device safety critical systems and software development based on compliance with IEC62304
- Ideally you should have some experience with Cloud-based service development, connectivity and data management
- Experience and a champion of Agile software development practices
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven C++ application development experience
- Experience with embedded Linux operating systems
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Experience of embedded firmware development and working with bootloaders
- Product and software development experience in the life science/biotech arena
This position can have and extremely quick turn around. Should this be of interest to you please send me you latest CV and contact number Tel: 0121 632 5555
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales