Embedded Software Engineer - Contract - Edinburgh - 6 Months
· Software coding in C or C++ to implement firmware projects as defined by the Project Manager.
· Supporting the Project Manager with planning and costing activities related to firmware development.
· Contributing to firmware design for firmware projects.
· Creation and maintenance of code libraries for reusable code.
· Testing of new and modified code.
· Running test scripts.
· Reviewing and updating test scripts.
· Logging defects according to company procedures.
· Reproducing and diagnosing reported defects.
· Customer interfacing during the course of the development.
· Occasional travel may be required.
· 5 years experience programming in C or C++ on embedded devices.
· Development, test and debug of code in C on an MCU platform.
· Able to work in a team, but with minimal direct supervision.
· Able to follow established working practices / standards.
· Use of version control system, e.g. SVN.
· Bug tracking tool experience (Bugzilla, Jira, Trac, etc...).
· ADC (and/or DAC) device development.
· Familiarity with digital interconnects such as I2C, SPI, etc.
· Use of low power, short range industrial wired/wireless protocols(wHART, Zigbee, RS485, etc...).
· Use of GSM/GPRS modules · Embedded/C unit test framework.
· Experience with publish/subscribe telemetry protocols (e.g. MQTT).
· Exposure to full product development life-cycle (requirements->design- >coding->integration...).
· Exposure to Bluetooth development.
· Task estimation/work breakdowns of firmware tasks for project planning.
· Working as part of a SCRUM/Agile team.
· Experience developing condition monitoring/online protection systems.
· Experience gained within a team or a project lead role would be advantageous.
Please apply here or call Jon on 01216325555.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales