A key client of mine has reached out to me with a contract need for an Electrical Design Engineer / Electrical Engineer.
If you are relevant and interested then please contact me asap with a up to date CV and I will contact you.
Rate: £30 per hour
Contract: 9-12 months
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join a great enthusiastic team to support with much of the Electrical Auto CAD work, alongside 4 other team members.
You will be supporting on a specific project for a new test facility for which allowance has been made up to January 2020. The bulk of the more straight forward CAD work will be carried out by another contractor, however this contractor will need to be more of a decision maker, someone who can offer suggestions and add more to the design philosophy behind the project.
Rate: £30 per hour
Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing.
Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located in our Huddersfield testing laboratory.
The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus based protocols.
The individual must have strong communication and teamwork skills, working with the design team to define scope of works/specifications, design solutions, procure components and assemble/test in alignment with business needs. Working within a highly experienced team of Engineers the successful candidate must cooperate and take guidance from those around them whilst challenging capabilities to ensure continuous improvement.
Key skills required for the role:
- Use of Autocad electrical for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process.
- Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems.
- Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
Technologies and standards
Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial.
- Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance.
- Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs.
- Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC.
- Modbus sensors and control elements.
- Distributed I/O systems.
- Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery
- ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery
- Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
- College/university degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent, is required. Electrical or Electronics Engineering Bachelor's or Master's degree highly desirable.
- Electrical qualification for LV design work. E.g 17th Edition wiring regulations.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales