A New opportunity has been created for a multi skilled Maintenance engineer with an Electrical bias to join a leading Scottish food manufacturer in a new position created through business growth.
Based just outside of Glasgow (in the Uddingston area) and reporting into a Chief Engineer, the Maintenance Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the business, including maintenance, utilities operations, new installations etc, as well as supervising apprentices.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers are listed below:
- Repair and maintain manufacturing equipment
- Ensure that all breakdowns and repairs are left in a safe condition
- Carry out electrical testing / repair work, ensuring completion of all relevant documentation.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained in all work completed. Specifically, this Food Client are looking for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers with the following experience and qualifications:
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline, ideally holding a HND level in a relevant engineering qualification
- Proven track record within a food or a similar manufacturing environment
- Fault Finding - Root cause analysis
- Understand the importance of maintenance and performance validation
- Follow the manufacturer's maintenance recommendations, lubrication requirements, and critical locations on equipment
- Good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination
For the successful applicant a salary of up to £33,000 is on offer. The role will be shift based with 12 hour shifts worked between the hours of 5am and 10pm. You will work 7 days in 14 with shift patterns agreed within team.
This Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer is commutable from Glasgow, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Motherwell, Livingston and Paisley.To be considered for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role, please apply via the link below.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.