I specialize in finding my clients experienced contract skill positions within the Oil & Gas industry. ProgressiveGE has been tasked with sourcing a contract Electrical Engineer for our client located in Austin,Texas. Our client is one of the larger operators known globally.
- Position(s): 1
- Title: Electrical Engineer
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension or direct hire
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Austin
- Work Schedule: M-Fr 40 hour workweek
- Pay Rate: Hourly rate + overtime when applicable (anything over 40 hours in a workweek)
- Supporting upstream and midstream teams during FEED, detailed electrical and controls engineering, construction, and commissioning of the facilities
- Improving and maintaining electrical maintenance procedures and practices.
- Driving efforts to achieve improved electrical instrumentation, and controls reliability across all assets.
- Driving efforts to reduce cost in electrical, instrumentation, and controls
- Supporting and following up on electrical construction activities to ensure compliance with engineering documents
- Ensuring corporate requirements and initiatives related to HSE are incorporated in the design and execution of the project
- Participating in design and HAZOP / PHA safety reviews
- Supporting material procurement activities by reviewing quotes
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have experience with upstream oil industry.
- At least 5 years of oil and gas plants/facilities experience, working with a producer or engineering/service provider.
- Experienced in Electrical engineering.
- Experience creating electrical one-lines, three-lines, load lists and area classification drawings.
- Experience with performing and reviewing arc flash and short circuit studies.
- Must be willing to learn new areas of I&C design.
- Working knowledge of regulations, codes, and standards applicable to oil and gas facilities.
- Proven ability to resolve design issues and operating problems arising with processing facilities
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to travel to the field to support projects, as needed
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.