My client, an Oil and Gas Company is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team located in Houston, Texas. Because this will be for government related work, the ideal candidate will have a facilities and construction background.
- Coordinates and leads the work of designers and drafters
- Check power systems documentation for completeness and correctness
- Check vendor documentation for completeness and correctness
- Perform calculations related to power systems
- Prepare RFQ packages for electrical equipment
- Size all electrical equipment
- Read and develop engineering specifications
- Produce standard electrical engineering documents, including, but not limited to:
- Scope of Work documents
- Cost estimates
- One line diagrams
- Area Classification Studies
- Panel schedules
- Conduit and cable schedules
- Motor Control schematics
- Lighting and power plans
- Fire detection and alarm design
- Grounding plans
- Develop electrical system modeling using SKM or eTAP for load flow and short circuit analysis
- Support of construction, commissioning and start-up of new facilities (including field visits)
- 10 years of experience with facilities and building design projects required.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
Texas Professional Engineer license required. (We could consider qualified EEs, as long as they understand that the work focuses on facility and building construction.)
LEED Building Design and Construction certification a plus.
Knowledge of NEC codes required. Knowledge of USACE Design Manual CEHNC 1110-1-1, UFC 3-550-03 FA, UFC 3-520-01, and UFC 3-530-01 a plus. Previous work on USACE projects in Iraq and Afghanistan a plus.
Knowledge and experience of facilities and building construction.
Familiarity with both medium and low voltages required.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel. Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
Schedule: Mon- Friday (40 hr weeks)
Contract Length: 6 months - potential to extend or become full time
Location: Houston, TX
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.