Oil and Gas Company is looking for an Electrical Engineer for a 6 month project to work from their Houston OR San Antonio, Texas office. This is a 6 month, full-time, Monday-Friday contract position. Our contractors receive full benefits packages and 401k.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
Texas Professional Engineer license required.
LEED Building Design and Construction certification a plus.
10 years of experience with facilities and building design projects required.
Minimum 2 years of team leadership or management experience.
Knowledge of NEC codes required. Knowledge of USACE Design Manual CEHNC 1110-1-1, UFC 3-550-03 FA, UFC 3-520-01, and UFC 3-530-01 a plus. Previous work on USACE projects in Iraq and Afghanistan a plus.
Knowledge and experience of facilities and building construction. Familiarity with both medium and low voltages required.
Complete understanding and application of technical principles, codes, standards, theories, and concepts in the fields of power systems design with a general knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
Must communicate effectively and interact positively with others. Must be able to work on several project simultaneously, and coordinate with other disciplines. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel. Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- Coordinates and leads the work of designers and drafters
- Check power systems documentation for completeness and correctness
- Check vendor documentation for completeness and correctness
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities equipment. International travel a possibility.
- Perform calculations related to power systems
- Prepare RFQ packages for electrical equipment
- Size all electrical equipment
- Prepare equipment data sheets
- Read and develop engineering specifications
- Participate in HAZOP/PHA meetings, if requested
- Participate in the bidding and estimating process for new projects
- Produce standard electrical engineering documents, including, but not limited to:
- Scope of Work documents
- Cost estimates
- One line diagrams
- Area Classification Studies
- Panel schedules
- Conduit and cable schedules
- Motor Control schematics
- Lighting and power plans
- Fire detection and alarm design
- Grounding plans
- Develop electrical system modeling using SKM or eTAP for load flow and short circuit analysis
- Support of construction, commissioning and start-up of new facilities (including field visits)
Predominantly office work with intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting 20 pounds or less. Tasks could involve simple hand grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation with both right and left hands.
Occasional field work which could involve reaching at, above, or below the shoulders; driving cars, trucks, or other vehicles; working near hazardous equipment, machinery, and materials; walking on uneven ground; climbing up and down stairways; walking on exposed grating at heights; exposure to noise, dust, gases, fumes, and extremes in temperature and humidity.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.