My client, an Oil and Gas Company is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team located in Houston, Texas. This is an 18 month contract position with a strong possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in instrumentation and controls appropriate to the midstream and pipeline market!
Core Responsibilities include:
- Review and design of P&IDs
- Check power and control systems documentation for completeness and correctness
- Check vendor documentation for completeness and correctness
- Perform calculations related to power and instrument systems
- Prepare instrument and equipment data sheets
- Participate in the bidding and estimating process for new projects
- Support of construction, commissioning and start-up of new facilities (including field visits)
- 15-20 years' experience in midstream projects
- Must have a balance of Electrical Power (Power Systems), Instrumentation and control systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- MUST HAVE Texas Professional Engineer license
- Knowledge of NEC and API codes
- Knowledge and experience of pipeline industry construction, pump stations, compressor stations, storage tanks, terminals, construction techniques, and hazards.
- Experience with designing instrumentation and controls for custody metering station and LACT units.
- Must be able to work on several project simultaneously, and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Local candidates to Houston, TX are strongly preferred
Location: Houston, TX
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 40 hours per week
Contract Duration: 18 months, highly likely to extend
If you have the relevant experience for the position apply with your most recent resume and I will contact you by phone.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.