Our client - a leading oil and gas operator company in the region - is looking for an immediately available Drilling Supervisor to join their team in Kurdistan.
Supervises all onshore operations undertaken by company and ensures the safe and successful execution of drilling programmes.
Responsible for the accuracy of information in the daily drilling reports and in other communications with the onshore Wells team.
* Review the Drilling Programmes in detail and advises the Drilling Superintendent of deficiencies and of potential improvements to the Programme to optimise the operation and reduce costs.
* Ensures the Drilling Programs, policies and instructions are properly directed and communicated to the rig team.
* Supervises and supports well control planning and procedures in conjunction with the rig team.
* Supervises and supports the well operational drilling activities of Wells team members onshore.
* Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials and services required for activities under company control.
* Supervises the drilling and completion of the well and ensures activities are undertaken safely and in a cost effective and timely manner.
* Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures if specified by the Drilling Superintendent.
* Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost savings.
* Trains junior well engineering personnel on the rig
* Supervises and supports project agreed HSEQ processes and initiatives on the rig.
* Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor's Safety Assessment for any non routine operations on the rig.
* Participates in rig Safety Meetings, Safety Management System and encourages the use of the behavioural safety system.
* Ensures Policies, Procedures and Guidance Documents are implemented as appropriate.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.