Currently looking for a DevOps Engineer for a 6 months contract with a Client based in the Sydney CBD starting in the next 2-4 weeks.
The DevOps engineer is a member of our across functional team that is collectively responsible for delivering all aspects and solutions to our customers across Australia. Our DevOps engineers engineer and maintain the stability, safety, performance, availability, efficiency of the services and to ensure that solutions operate effectively across the AWS platform.
The Day-to-Day stuff:
- Designing and developing solutions to deliver whilst defining, measuring, and ensuring the stability, availability and reliability of solutions.
- Ensuring that the solution has adequate testing and security solutions
- Ensure that solutions to our platform requirements and AWS Well Architected
- Maintaining services by measuring and managing overall solution and implementing adequate monitoring and logging for solution components.
- Participating in incident management, security incident management and postmortems.
- Managing technical debt and remediate solution vulnerabilities or deficiencies.
Ideally, you will have:
- At least 2+ years' experience working in AWS cloud solutions.
- Experience in multiple scripting or development languages including at least one object-oriented language.
- A minimum of 1+ years' experience with AWS serverless development including Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, StepFunctions
- 2+ years' experience in AWS core service implementation, including VPCs, EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, ELB.
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and analysing application issues.
- Experience with CICD tooling and procedures
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Understanding of Internet application technologies including; Internet protocols, firewalls, web server configurations, internet application architecture and Internet security well regarded.
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence is highly desirable
If you feel you have the skills, experience needed for this role please doesn't hesitate to apply, and I will give you a call to discuss further
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT - 0292851000
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018