Currently looking for a DevOps and automation engineer for a 6 month contract with a large consultancy with this role based in Melbourne CBD
The position is responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining automation objects in the key practice areas of- 1. Configuration Management 2. Continuous Integration 3. Continuous Delivery 4. Continuous Testing 5. IAC - Cloud deployment/management
The successful candidate must have a degree in computer science (or equivalent), with a minimum of 4 experience (hands-on) in developing, deploying and maintaining the above listed DevOps practices.
Please see below skills / experience needed for this role:
* Automate, maintain and manage automation practices and delivery pipelines for availability, performance, scalability and security across the project systems and pipelines.
* System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
* Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
* Scripting - Strong scripting (Python, PowerShell)
* Operating systems - Windows, Linux
* DevOps practices- Configuration management, Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and IAC.
Desired Skills: -
* Hands on container solution and micro services; Open Shift, Kubernetes, Dockers.
* Should be able to implement the best industry practice for CI (Continuous Integration/ Build and deploy) by implementing leading tools like Jenkins, BAMBOO, Maven, Apache, Tomcat, Chef Puppet, UCD, Git, BitBucket, Atlassian JIRA or similar tools.
* Strong scripting skills on C and its varieties, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, shell/bash scripts, PowerShell.
* Experience working in test-driven development (TDD) and behaviour driven development (BDD).
If you are interested in this position please apply today and I will call you to discuss this Oppourtunity further. Before applying please ensure you can meet at least 85 percent of the skills / experience needed for this role.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018