Currently looking for a Desktop Support Specialist for a 6 months contract based in Melbourne CBD starting in October.
The ideal candidate will have extensive specialised knowledge in desktop support, including operating systems; and the ability to:
- Provide a very high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with executive presence and strong communication skills.
- Quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to PCs/ Laptops, mobile devices, application software, and potentially local network issues.
- If needed, escalate more complex IT issues to a higher level of support. As needed, will also recommend hardware and software solutions, including new product acquisitions and upgrades.
- Aid in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures regarding how issues are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Provide an overall knowledge of desktop support operations aligned to ITIL best practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including incident, request, and knowledge management.
Specific technology skills and experience:
- 4+ years' experience in desktop support demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and technical expertise in a corporate enterprise environment
- 3+ years' experience with executive / VIP support.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems and their related remote access and trouble shooting experience.
- Experience with iOS (i.e., iPhones and iPads), including use of Microsoft Active Sync to connect Apple devices to Exchange server.
- Familiarity with Microsoft server technologies and their associated user management tools, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, File, Print, DHCP, and DNS.
- Application-support expertise with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint 2013.
- Exposure to user administration in telephony systems.
- Experienced using BMC Remedy &/or Service Now - IT Service Management Software, including ad hoc report generation.
- ITIL V3 Certified
- Microsoft certified systems administrator (MCSA) for windows 7 & 8
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018