Currently looking for a Desktop Engineer for a 6 months contract based in Perth. This role is for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off 40 hours per week Monday to Friday starting ASAP.
The person who fills this position will be joining an established team which service a major WA based client. You will have the opportunity to leverage and develop your technical support skills in a large corporate environment and gain exposure to a broad range of technologies. Thrive in your desire to directly engage with your customers at all levels and delight them with your superior support skills and innovative solutions
Please see Duties and responsibilities for this role below:
- Remote and onsite for support end user computing and mobile devices, peripherals and software
- Troubleshoot client/server communication issues, service failures
- Hardware diagnostic/repair (where applicable) and re/installation
- Interface directly with customers to resolve queries and incidents
- Incident and problem management as defined by the Service Delivery Manager
- Follow and improve the business Methodology and adhere to agreed service levels
- Maintain an excellent level of documentation and knowledge base management
Experience and skills:
- 3+ years of experience in a commercial IT environment
- Strong experience with end user/mobile device support within a corporate environment
- Superior problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience working in a client facing position within an ITSM/ITIL focus
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage time effectively
Required technical skills:
- Strong experience in the Microsoft product suite including Windows and Office/365
- Strong experience with PC's, mobile hardware and peripherals.
- Remote support/tools e.g. Team Viewer, Remote Assistance/MSTSC
- Altiris Package Server for Deployment and Packaging
- Exchange/Active Directory/File Share management support experience beneficial but not required.
Please do apply today if you feel this role would suit you. Please remember this role is for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off working 40 hours Monday to Friday.
For More Information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018