Contract: 3 month term with possibility to extend
Location: Rhodes, Sydney
Rate: Flexible rate
Primarily to work on the transitioning of a SQL Server 2008 R2 database to SQL Server 2017 database.
The database in question is for a bespoke system called WMS (Works Management System).
WMS started in July 2002 and gradually over the years has grown to a substantial size, for example, currently has:
- Database Size: 1.5 TB
- Transactions per hour: In the millions
- Over 50+ active Contracts
- Thousands of internal and external users connected each day
- Comprised of thousands of objects: ~2000 stored procedures, ~900 tables, ~600 views, ~500 functions, ~200 triggers
WMS is a business critical system, processing most of the company revenue. Some of WMS' functions are:
- Operating various types of work: Reactive, Repair, Minor, Preventative, Periodic, Project etc.
- Managing the workflows on jobs
- Managing KPIs, Volumes, Suppliers, Compliance, Credentials
- Planned Maintenance
- Integrations to various client systems
- Integration to various Internal systems
- Paying Suppliers and Invoicing Customers
- With Supplier and Customer Portal (plus a Cloud-based mobile app, however managed by a different team).
The existing team supporting WMS is of about 10 developers. The coding of the system is split up as follows:
- 70%: T-SQL
- 20%: VBA/MS Access
- 10%: #C .Net (Web Services)
So all team members have extensive T-SQL experience, most have VBA/MS Access capabilities, and few have #C .Net.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a clear communicator
- Have the capacity to solve higher-level complex problems
- Work independently and take lead on solving problems
- Have excellent T-SQL skills
- Be prepared to do a substantial amount of analysis and verification of the system between the two SQL Environments and where needed adjust the code to make it suitable.
Other technical attributes would be bonus:
- Familiarity with VBA/MS Access
- C# .Net
- Web Services (SOAP/REST)
We are looking for a candidate to start ASAP, max 2 week notice period as we would like to get someone started before the Christmas break. The shut-down period for this organisation is 21st December - 2nd January.
Please apply if you would like to hear more.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018