Database Administrator- Financial Services- Melbourne CBD
Outstanding new opportunity for a SQL Database Administrator to join a global market leader as a member of the production support team. Working with a small team of DBAs in a large IT team you will provide a broad range of technical expertise in MS SQL including clustering, performance tuning, patching, upgrades, backups, restores, configuration management, security best practice, and troubleshooting while maintaining the highest technical and professional standards.
You have a high level of customer service and interpersonal orientation with well-developed communication and analytical skills. You have a good knowledge and are passionate about MS SQL databases. You seek the opportunity to be creative and are always professional when serving your teammates. You are excited about working on technology that promotes the opportunity to improve processes. You aren't afraid to enhance and improve upon what is currently in place and to build something new.
Skills and experience needed:
- 3+ years IT Operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Thorough understanding of relational database design and concepts.
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability.
- Experience analysing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server engine internals, query execution plans, query optimisation and performance tuning.
- In-depth knowledge of backup and recovery options.
- Practical experience with SQL Server clustering installation and trouble shooting.
- Self-motivated with the ability to be proactive and work well under tight deadlines.
- Team player with strong intercommunication skills and the ability to provide clear documentation of production processes as necessary.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Familiarity in setting up actionable alerts to proactively manage systems
If you feel a role like this is suitable to your skills sets, please contact Paulina for further information.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018