Data Scientist, Initial 3 Month Contract, West Midlands:
My client is currently recruiting for a Data Scientist, if you are interested please apply with an updated CV, they have provided the below spec:
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in Agile (preferably Scrum and/or Kanban) methodology to projects, to be applied in line with the Data Science Test Strategy
- Be able to confidently talk about agile processes
- Demonstrable experience of defining or breaking down user stories and acceptance criteria using test design techniques, thereby statically testing the solution at the time.
- Contribute to defining and measuring 'Done', in order to actually determine what the definition of 'Done' actually means in terms of quality.
- Demonstrable experience of helping developers in generating comprehensive unit tests and pair with them as appropriate.
- Use quality characteristics such as functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability and portability helps define the context of value and level and type of testing required to meet definition of done.
- Demonstrable experience of using a risk based approach to testing.
- Demonstrable experience of Evaluating Emergent Behaviour: Using exploratory testing techniques following the customer's needs, finding defects not found in unit/integration testing but could easily cause the acceptance testing to fail.
- Demonstrable experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) and some of the tools that are used.
- At least 3 years' experience of Test Automation in an Agile environment, including setting up and using frameworks which include Specflow / Cucumber and Selenium
- Proven experience in API testing within Agile sprints
- Proven experience of accessibility testing within Sprints and presenting finding back to the team made up of technical and non-technical members
- Proven experience of Performance testing web based systems and presenting finding back to the team made up of technical and non-technical members
- Produce Test Approaches and Sprint Test Plans collaboratively with the team and suppliers, owning the documentation and managing its completion in line with the Data Science Test Strategy
- Demonstrable experience of Non-Functional requirements, definition and testing.
- Demonstrable experience in exploratory testing techniques and knowing the difference between ad hoc testing and exploratory.
- Confident in explaining decisions to stakeholders who don't understand agile, user needs or user-centred design and delivery
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of working on UK central government services
- Strong understanding of the Government Digital Service Standard and Service Manual.
- Able to contribute to areas beyond the usual boundaries of the discipline, for example helping the team understand the service's legal and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the Education and skills secto
- Experience of open source and cloud technologies and their sourcing
- Passed certified Agile Tester course
- ISEB foundation and practitioner qualified.
- Having worked on a Azure platform
- Experienced in using the following tools, Sortsite, OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP), and visual studio.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales