An Entertainment company in Silver Spring, MD is looking for a Data Science Analyst to join their expanding team.
Are you an experienced Data Science Analyst looking for the next challenge? Then this could be what you have been looking for.
You will be doing…
- Access or collect data as needed for analyses
- Apply data mining techniques to cleanse and explore large, complex data sets in preparation for further analysis
- Develop and implement appropriate hypothesis tests
- Develop, validate, and work with senior data scientists to implement appropriate mathematical and statistical algorithms and models; including implementation on large data sets
- Work closely with senior data scientists to develop data products which communicate insights to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with managers, senior data scientists, and other team members to create repeatable processes and operationalize scalable data products
- Assist in making data science techniques approachable and understandable to non-data scientists
- Stay current with new data science methods, technologies, and industry trends
We are looking for someone with …
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (statistics, physics, computer science, etc.); Quantitative Master's degree or students enrolled in quantitative Master's Program preferred
- 2+ years proven business experience and technical expertise in data science
- Experience cleansing and preparing large, complex datasets for analysis
- Experience applying statistics or machine learning in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
- Experience in statistical programming languages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, like Tableau
- General knowledge of or direct experience with the media industry
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
- Ability and eagerness to learn and teach others
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously
Benefits of working with us…
Who will you be working for?
You will be working within an Entertainment company out of Silver Spring, MD.
With such diverse environment, you will be supported whilst working for an equal opportunity employer. You are sure to be working for a company who will recognize and reward you for your talent and commitment.
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skillset, then we want to hear from you! Get in touch today!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.