Im currently looking for a storage engineer to start ASAP for an initial 4 week contract with a view to extend for a large consultancy with this role being based in North Sydney.
Please see below a list of tasks / skills you will need to be successful within this role:
- Daily Health Check on CommVault console.
- Checking the backup failures and fixing the same. [raising the incidents if required]
- Checking on Aux copies and see if these are asking for tapes, etc.
- Checking on the scratch tapes availability and disk library space availability.
- Performing the SRTSKs which come directly from customers.
- SRTSKs include decommissioning the servers, adding VMs into backup rotation, file restoration, VM restoration, and mail restoration.
- Checking on the SLA % and taking majors to improve the same.
- Checking on the license utilization and taking action if required / highlighting the same to SDMs and onshore / customer.
- Work such as migration of the disk libraries is also included now a days in the daily task as there are more changes / upgrades in progress w.r.t HP StoreOne.
- Coordinating with vendor for the critical issues.
- Version and Service Pack upgrades on backup infra as and when needed. [Also applying hot fixes on demand].
- Checking on the health report to see the current backup infra health.
- Coordinating with other teams to fix the backup failures [especially VM failures].
- Suspending the backups on demand during the scheduled patching activities.
- Monitoring the email alert that we receive from CommVault on the delayed backups. Mountpaths, media agents going offline.
- Tape rotation [sending monthly tapes out and requesting scratch tapes to be in] on monthly basis.
- HL & LL on weekly basis / on demand.
- Updating the current issue in the infra and the current progress on them.
- Attending change call with SDMs to discuss the upcoming changes and challenges with them.
- Working and updating on problem tasks and problem tickets.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting DDB verification and DB maintenance jobs.
Please apply today if you are interested in this position and I will call you ASAP to discuss this role further.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018