An industry leading specialist in the distribution of IT Brands are seeking an experienced Data Architect to join their team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to deliver to both internal and external customers, providing end-to-end integration for the clients data platforms.
- Develop and own the data strategy and the associated roadmaps;
- Develop and formalise the appropriate data management and data governance standards and frameworks, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets. Communicate the business benefit of data standards, championing and governing them across the group;
- Recommend and develop data architectures that support secure, highly scalable, high-performance, reliable and maintainable online commerce and logistics applications;
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions retaining responsibility for the overall integrity of the data architecture
- Deliver the conceptual, logical and physical data design of solutions based on functional and non-functional requirements for current and future state
- Experience of successfully completing and maintaining a corporate data model or providing leadership to a master data management initiative.
- Experience of Master Data Management, Metadata Management and Data Governance;
- Strong experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration;
- Experience in designing data warehouses, incl. current trends;
- Strong Business and Data Analysis skills;
- Experience of producing data models and understanding of where to use different types of data models;
- Demonstrate an excellent in depth understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, recent versions;
- Exposure to big data technologies and cloud data architecture (e.g. Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Storm, Kafka, Spark, Hortonworks, etc)
If this sounds like the role for you please apply today and a consultant will be in touch!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales