Data Architect/Developer- Financial Services- Sydney CBD
We are seeking an enthusiastic Data Architect/Developer to perform analytics for a large financial services company, in the heart of the city.
As a Data Architect/Developer you will work on a number of client engagements:
- Supporting senior colleagues in developing and documenting data strategy and developing data models for diverse insurance clients
- Work as part of client engagement teams manipulate complex data sets using standard ETL tools to bring order to complexity
- Develop high-end visualisation outputs for complex insurance data sets
The role holder will be inquisitive, have a passion for data architecture as well as being a skilled database developer with a passion for client management.
We are looking for a data practitioner, having experience focusing on technical data model / ETL / visualisation. You will work beside some of the market's top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions in pricing, claims and underwriting.
In your role, you will be helping our broad set of clients by:
- Delivering best in class data models across claims, pricing and underwriting.
- Lead the build of effective data models, tools and processes.
- Work with our data science and analytics teams to spread data best practice.
- Designing and building sophisticated MI and portfolio management capabilities and supporting visualisations.
- To build a market profile as a representative and advocate consulting services and technology solutions.
- Manage discrete packages of working within large projects, having responsibility for communication with clients and for the day-to-day running of projects.
- Work collaboratively across a portfolio of projects and internal responsibilities, managing priorities appropriately.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, high-quality execution of client work.
- Actively seek to be involved in a variety of work to ensure that a broad and highly-relevant skill set (technical, management and client) is maintained and developed.
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the client's broader business issues, including those within our claims consulting practice and our technology business.
- MS SQL (T-SQL) - Writing queries, stored procedures, creating views, creating tables, etc. (SQL 2016 preferable)
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- MS Visual Studio / Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- SQL Server database experience including SQL, maintenance and optimisation
- Outstanding Power BI skills, exposure the other visualisation software's (Qlik / Tableau)
- Strong communication skills - The role will require direct contact with our clients
- Ability to understand and develop complex data architectures / models
Please contact Paulina, regarding this role for further information.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018