Data Analyst - Sydney - 3 month contract
Progressive IT is working with one of our key clients in Sydney and resourcing for a Mid Level Data Analyst. The initial contract will be a 3 month engagement. As an Data Analyst your impact will be seen by working closely with the client service and internal teams on enhancing and maintaining our enterprise reporting framework across our core business systems.
- Design and build data analytics solutions based on requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain data integration between transactional systems and the enterprise data warehouse.
- Propose and develop data models, including data warehouse, analytical and semantic layers.
- Analyse and remediate issues and defects with the reporting framework solution.
- Respond to client requests and questions on solution clarification and calculation details.
- Build reports and dashboards to visualise the data.
- Liaise with the business users and project teams to understand their challenges to target solution enhancements appropriately.
- Work with our local and Global teams involved in the release and support process.
- Provide consulting and knowledge transfer to the team members and other groups.
You have a 3+ years' background in data analytics and are capable of designing and developing data integration or visualisation solutions. You're passionate about data and how it drives value, with a clear understanding of data models, data integration architectures and visualisation tools. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who re-imagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
- Proficient working experience in the Microsoft Data Tools, primarily SSIS and SSAS
- Advanced experience in modelling, querying and integrating databases including relational (SQL), multi-dimensional (MDX), tabular (DAX).
- Ability to create data models and reports in Power BI.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint and basic web programming in .Net, java script
- Analysis and problem solving skill with genuine interest in data and calculations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
- Confident translating complex data solution design to non-data savvy leaders and teams.
- Can cope with change, and are eager to learn new technologies and processes.
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
If you feel you the necessary skills and experience for this role, please APPLY NOW.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018