On behalf of my client, a leading multinational organization with projects all across the Middle East, CSI, Asia and Africa is looking to appoint a Country Head for the East Africa region.
This is position will be based in the regional East Africa Office and will be responsible for driving business in this region specifically related to Construction of Infrastructure Projects. The position is looking to start around Feb 2019 / March 2019
The profile of the candidate will be:
- Civil Engineering Graduate with 20+ years of experience
- Should possess experience in infrastructure domain execution & business development both.
- Experience working in a senior role, working with Main Contractors preferably with projects in East Africa.
- Preferably an Indian national but open to nationalities
Brief description on the role as below :-
- Strategic planning for future development is a key part of his job description, since it is the Country Manager's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company from Africa.
- Should be fully responsible for the P&L (Profit & Loss) of the operations in business location.
- Should have thorough knowledge of the marketplace and of the company's competitors existing in Africa.
- Responsible for the teaming up process and setting up the proper partnership structure JVs, consortiums or main contractor/Sub relation. Negotiating the Division of Responsibilities (DOR) with partners to the company's best interest.
- Developing and maintaining personal relationships with appropriate middle and senior management executives in client organizations and developing advantageous positions to gain prospective work.
- Advising winning prices and bidding strategies to secure and win bids
- Developing and maintaining associations in the business community to keep aware of new business opportunities and get access in advance to valuable information.
- Candidate will be responsible to deliver construction winning targets for Africa, ensuring work won is in line with company strategy and chosen business sectors.
- Work with our construction senior management to build the Africa region in terms of work winning opportunities.
- Research to understand the business and project drivers of the region, customers and opportunities.
- Developing relationships with customers that will optimize work winning opportunities in the region.
- Liaison & engage with developers / owners / government bodies and organizations to generate work winning opportunities in the private and public sector.
- Maintain close relationships with the customer during the entire construction to ensure repeat business and opportunity.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned by senior management as & when needed for business requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior civil professional looking to be part of a established organization who is growing in the region.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.