My client, one of the largest refinery companies is currently looking for a Corrosion Engineer to join their team located in Houston, Texas. This is a 5 month contract position with a strong possibility of extension.
This Corrosion Engineer will interact with other technical networks and peers to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Review welding process selection, procedure qualifications, technician qualifications, codes and standards, filler metal selection, weld joint details and symbology, welding joint design, proper grounding techniques.
- Assess damage mechanisms in furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high temperature materials, tanks, vessels and piping.
- Serves as an expert on common refinery damage mechanisms like Sulfidation, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack, Creep Rupture, Ammonium Bisulfide corrosion, etc.
- Serves as a subject matter expert with Risk Based Inspection program, supporting RBI specialists in identifying and implementing improvements within the RBI program/database.
- Works closely with the Unit Inspectors on the selection and placement of Corrosion Monitoring Locations (CML's).
- Serves as subject matter expert on basic material hierarchy and selection, coating selection, surface preparation, and AWS and NACE guidelines.
- Recommend NDE technologies and applicability / limitations and perform basic NDE interpretation.
- An engineering degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a refinery.
- Good working knowledge of damage mechanisms leading to equipment failure.
- Good knowledge of stationary equipment fabrication standards (ASME), inspection codes (API, NBIC), and welding codes and certifications (AWS, CWI).
- Local candidates to Houston, TX are strongly preferred
If you have the relevant experience for the position apply with your most recent resume and I will contact you by phone.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.