I'm currently assisting a business based in Plymouth to help then secure a Control Systems Engineer on a contract basis. The business is internationally renowned as a quality supplier of automation and control equipment. Please read through the spec below and let me know if you would like to be considered.
JOB TITLE: Control Systems / Software Engineer
DURATION: 6 months
RATES: £32 ph LOCATION: Plymouth
START DATE: ASAP
- Generate PLC/HMI code for bespoke automated assembly and test equipment
- Establish communications protocols and integrate external peripheral equipment e.g. Vision systems, servo systems, robots, leak testers, ink jet printers, laser markers, etc.
- Commission software/machines
- Provide training to customer engineers, maintenance technicians and operators on the use and operation of machine/system
- Undertake site visits to install equipment at customer premises (can be worldwide)
- Liaise with customers, attend design briefings/reviews/teleconferences
- Generate detailed documentation upon project completion, including: - Flow charts - SDS (Software Design Specification) documentation - Operating Instructions for inclusion in machine manuals
- Experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Omron, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Can work as part of a team"
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales