Progressive GE is recruiting for Large Oil and Gas/Chemical company that is looking for a Contracts Manager/Specialist in The Woodlands, Texas.
Looking for candidates with anywhere from 3-10 years of experience. Will also consider a recent college graduate with applicable degree. This will be a long-term contract that has plans to go direct hire or extend if candidate wishes to stay contract. We offer full medical, dental, vision, etc. benefits to our employee contractors with a 401k. Competitive hourly rates dependent upon experience with some over time at time and a half.
Must be proficient in:
- Contract Formation
- Preparing Packages
- Issuing Contracts
- Negotiation of Contract
- Contract Administration
- Have a clear understanding of Commercial Contracts Space
- Establishing/creating bidders lists
- Preparation and issuing of Invitation to Bid (ITB's) and soliciting proposals (RFQ's)
- Bid period administration
- Bid evaluation
- Preparation of award recommendation for management approval
- Contract conformance and execution
Full Job Description below:
Develop coherent engineering, procurement and/or construction contracting strategies for industrial capital projects, including developing type of bid packages, commercial contract type, identification and development of contractors, commercial qualification of contractors, negotiation of final executed contract, management of bid process (to include leading site walks, pre-bid conferences, and issuance of clarifications), and contract administration as required to ensure adequate compliance with agreed upon terms and conditions. Typical scope includes primary EPC contracts, civil, mechanical, and electrical construction contracts as well as occasional professional services with engineering and consulting firms.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of construction contracting strategies for a variety of industrial capital projects in the United States and other regions. This will include understanding the economic market conditions, the availability of resources/trades, establishing bid lists, issuing Invitation to Bid (ITB's) and soliciting proposals (RFQ's), evaluating alternatives, and recommending solutions. Contracts will vary in value, complexity, and geography. Position also includes commercial qualification of the contractors and negotiating final commercial agreements.
- Strategically lead construction contracting strategy by understanding local supply market economics and competitive structure of targeted suppliers and industries in targeted markets.
- Commercially qualify contractors for a variety of project scopes, verifying financials, checking references, and evaluating safety performance and insurance coverage.
- Lead contracting strategy development for projects; work with project team to ensure satisfactory definition and scope documents are included in ITB/RFQ consistent with the strategy developed.
- Evaluate proposals and recommend solutions to Project Manager.
- Develop and manage small plant (HyCO, Decap, Relo, Op/Ex, etc) construction contracting strategies
- Negotiate and execute construction agreements as appropriate.
- Monitor performance of contractors, execute contract changes and resolve disputes, if any, that arise following the Contract Administration work process.
- Complies with all relevant GPMM standards and guidelines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience and/or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or related field is required; MBA is desirable
- 3+ years of experience in direct support of capital projects is desirable.
- Experience with commercial or construction contracts is desirable
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.