Contract VB.Net / SQL / Access Developer, South of Nottingham & Derby.
This will be for a 6-12 month contract offering attractive rates. Candidates need to start by no later than the 2nd January, though ideally before Christmas.
- Support and maintain current legacy database applications developed in VB.NET / SQL / MS Access.
- Work with stake-holders to identify and prioritise applications to be re-developed.
- Become thoroughly conversant with existing systems and the operational processes they support.
- Analyse existing solutions and identify opportunities to re-engineer legacy applications so that they more flexibly serve current and future operational processes.
- Present requirements and proposed solution to stake-holders to get their 'buy-in'. Take ownership of projects and see them through to a successful conclusion.
- Translate technical and non-technical requirements into a logical, maintainable solution.
- Implement solutions. This will involve planning, training, data conversion, documentation, management of software releases etc.
- Create reports to run against current and legacy SQL databases to meet the information needs of the business.
- Provide end user support on legacy databases, new databases and MS Office.
- Experienced .Net developer (C#/VB.Net, WinForms/WCF, Entity Framework, .Net Framework, Web Development) with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience including all aspects of the SDLC and the relevant documentation (requirements analysis, design specifications, test plans, project plans etc.)
- Strong SQL Server knowledge (database design skills, SQL basics, Stored Procedures, query optimisation, XML etc.)
- Demonstrable MS Access application development experience including VBA.
- Computer science / information systems background preferably with a good relevant degree.
If you are interested in this role, then please send across your latest CV, or call me in the Manchester Progressive offices.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales