Supporting an established Engineering company with offices on the outskirts of Edinburgh, we are looking for a Contract Test Engineer with Embedded & Hardware Development experience.
The role will likely last 12 months+ and you need to be able to start by late March.
- Generation of Functional/Design Verification Test Specifications for Software and Firmware components
- Developing and executing automated regression tests for Software and Firmware components
- Execution of manual Software and Firmware tests
- Supporting delivery of Software and Firmware components into system/integration teams
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver fully tested new functionality and bug fixes, must be able to understand a technical product and identify key test areas
- To analyse and evaluate test results and write reports
- Support hardware and software design engineers
- Background in Electronic/Software Engineering (degree or equivalent)
- 5 years' experience working on product development project teams, ideally testing electronic devices
- Experience with a test automation framework, e.g. UFT, QTP, Selenium etc…
- Able to work in a team, but with minimal direct supervision
- Able to follow established working practices / standards
- Able to analyse and evaluate test results and write reports
- Python / Pytest exposure , with Linux
- Use of version control system, e.g. SVN
- Bug tracking tool experience (OnTime, Bugzilla, Jira, Trac, etc...)
- Working as part of a Scrum/Agile team
If you are interested in this role then please send me your latest CV or give me a call in the Manchester office. You can find me on LinkedIn also.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales