Working as part of a design team, the Senior Structural Designer produces and checks engineering design deliverables. The Senior Designer is responsible for ensuring that designs meet project requirements. You will be required to go offshore to carry our surveys when needed.
This is for a 6-12 month position with the potential to extend, candidates need to start by April 8th. Telephone Interview slots are available for Wednesday 27th.
The duties of the Structural Designer:
- Work within a multi-disciplined engineering team, including engineers and designers of all experience levels;
- Execute engineering projects from concept, front end engineering design through to detailed design
- Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
- Checking of department design deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues and new technology.
- Responsible for drawings, BOM's, 3D drawings & sketches
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review;
- Manage workload and report project progress
Requirements of the Senior Structural Designer:
- HND in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or above.
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk suite (AutoCAD is essential ) with recent project experience;
- Have sound practical experience of offshore topside structural design and a detailed understanding of site construction;
- Proficient in producing and checking design drawing suitable for fabrication;
- Good understanding of structural connection details
You must possess your in date offshore certificates.
If the role is of interest, please send me your latest CV or call me in the Manchester Progressive offices.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales