Contract Proposal / Cost Engineer needed, South Aberdeen.
6-12 month contract, start within the next two weeks. Interviews are available w/c 25th February. Our client is an established & independent engineering company who supply into EPC's. Ideally a candidate will have worked with a fabrication company or within a fabrication department as an estimator or project engineer where they would have exposure to pricing of fabrication work scopes, complete process packages etc.
Primary duties To prepare an accurate proposal and costing within timeline given. To support global sales team. To liaise with engineering team and ensure the best input given during tender stage. To liaise with external part to ensure technical and commercial proposal is accurate. To ensure proposal is develop as per internal procedure given .
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare technical and commercial proposal based on RFQ received.
- Assist regional sales team on technical clarification.
- Develop, negotiate and confirm specification with external groups including clients, vendor, contractors and OEM in timely manner.
- Develop and confirm technical requirement with internal engineering team.
- Develop material take off and costing.
- To arrange for proposal hard copy submission.
- Follow up and update proposal status.
- Provide engineering support during project initial stage.
- Provide the marketing tools as technology description, process flow diagram, technical datasheet and etc.
- Complete the vendor registration, tender prequalification.
- 3 years + in similar role
- Experience with DNV2.7-1, ASME VIII or PD5500, ATEX, PED or CE
- Able to work independent
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word, MS Project and excellent communication skill with clients
- Team player
- Able to analyze information and interpret the information and identify key points of the
- tender/proposal requirement deadlines, with a flexible approach to solutions
If this position is of interest, please send me your latest CV or call me in the Manchester offices.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales