Supporting an O&G company in Aberdeen we are looking for a contract software Engineer with strong LAMP skills and ideally exposure to python or similar.
The role will be for 12 months and you can work from home one day per week. Rates are up £450pd DOE.
- Graduate at degree level or above
- Experience in implementing optimisation methods and recommendation systems.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as regression, decision trees.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Solid programming skills and experience designing prototypes using Python or equivalent.
- Any involvement in a project to implement a machine learning model from scratch would be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding and ability to use natural language processing techniques would also be an advantage.
- Experience with the PHP scripting language and the ability to maintain and manage code developed in existing solutions is required, as is the ability to suggest constructive improvements to production code.
- Knowledge of relational databases - Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL - is advantageous.
- Excellent communicator, adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to effectively cooperate and deal with wide range of internal and external relationships.
- Have a strong motivation for knowledge and personal development.
- Be able to work both independently and in teams.
- Have a high level of attention to detail, meticulous but pragmatic processes and organisational skills.
Please send across your profile if this positon would be of interest. You can call me in the Manchester Progressive offices also.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales