Progressive Global Energy is leading international Recruitment Company providing both temporary and permanent recruitment solutions to clients within the Energy Sector.
From our Dubai office, we are currently looking for a Construction Manager to work on a gas turbine power plant based in Abu Dhabi. This will be a 1 year extendable contract working with an international EPC client.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience in working on a power plant construction project within GCC
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience within construction management roles, on power generation projects
- Evidence of successful delivery on at least 2 power generation projects
The Construction Manager will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the work at site and liaises with and coordinates the efforts of the Owner's Engineer, the local contractors, if any, the local authorities, interface parties and the EPC Contractor.
- Following up the plant construction with the assistance of the Owner's Engineer to ensure that it is performed properly in terms of quality, schedule and budget in line with the EPC Contract.
- Making sure that agreed corrective actions to mitigate the effects of variances are planned and carried out.
- Timely reporting variances to the CEO of the Project Company and proposes jointly with the Owner's Engineer mitigation or alternative solutions.
- Working in partnership with the Project Company's Health and Safety Officer, to ensure that the EPC Contractor implements health and safety and environmental measures on site in accordance with the EPC Contract.
The project is due to run for another 3 years and is ideally suited to a construction manager that could join at short notice although the client could wait a month.
Should this be of interest, please apply online for our team to get back in touch.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.