Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
***Needs OSP/ISP Construction experience.
This position will be serving the Telecom Business and will prepare lump sum, unit rate, cost plus and conceptual cost estimates for Outside Plant / Inside Plant and Energy Storage projects.
- Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation of each of the discipline estimates into the Proposal Estimate.
- Reviews design scopes and develop quantities.
- Performs productivity analysis of construction operations.
- Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates.
- Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates.
- Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Prepares management presentations.
- Updates and maintain historical cost data.
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required. Field and/or project experience is a plus.
- Field/On-site construction experience
- Electrical background and/or knowledge
- Outside Plant, Inside Plant (OSP/ISP) estimating background and/or knowledge
- Electrical estimating experience and/or knowledge
Preferred Competencies: * Complex estimating principles/procedures * Cost principles/procedures * Mathematical skills * Project design scopes * Consulting skills * Analytical skills * Interpret and understand specifications and contracts * Microsoft Excel * Microsoft Access * Verbal and written communication skills * Presentation skills * Calculator
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.