Currently looking for a Cloud Solution Build Engineer to join a large key client of mine. This Opportunity with a large fast paced and growing manufacturing business in Sydney on a 6 month contract to start with a good chance of extension.
From an experience level I am looking for someone who has at least 3 years' experience In a Similar technical position handling similar projects and also with at least 3 years' experience ideally with AWS and certified Architect and or DevOps or very strong demonstarted experience in AWS.
Working closely with Architects and designers, the Cloud Solution Build Engineer completes the hands on build and support of solution designs for the business systems in the Enterprise Cloud in AWS. The role has overall responsibility for the build, performance and functionality of business systems.
Please see below accountability's for this role:
- Migrating applications to AWS cloud using various methods including V2V style migrations and re-installations
- Hands-on build, configuration, tuning and monitoring of AWS services, as defined in application Solution Designs.
- Ensuring appropriate performance and connectivity in the post migration state
- Installing windows components and software onto target systems as required
- Take technical direction from the cloud solution architect and cloud solution designers as to target deployment
- Take ownership of migrations and issues as assigned
- Monitoring systems performance, alerts and events during the transition state
- Providing after hours on call support during the transition state
- Scripting infrastructure deployment and configuration (Windows based images)
Skills needed for this role:
- Windows Server SOE development / maintenance
- Microsoft SCCM/SCOM
- Support/troubleshooting complex multi-tier windows based solutions
- Some experience with developing firewall rules for applications
- Experience migration applications between windows server versions
- One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Squid, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
- One or more scripting language (e.g. JSON, YAML, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python)
- One or more version control platform (e.g. BitBucket, Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
Interviews for this role will be ASAP so if this role sounds like what you're looking for please apply today and I will call you ASAP to discuss this position. For more information please contact Jamie Hanlon from Progressive IT.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com