Currently looking for a Cloud Solution Design Engineer to join a large key client of mine. This Opportunity with a large fast paced and growing manufacturing business based near Parramatta on a 6 month contract to start with a good chance of extension.
From an experience level I am looking for someone who has at least 3 years' experience within a relevant technical position and will be AWS certified in Architecture and/or DevOps.
Working closely with project and business stakeholders, the Cloud Solution Designer completes the solution designs for migration of business systems into the Enterprise Cloud in AWS. The role has overall responsibility for the design, build, performance and functionality of business systems.
Accountability's for this position include:
- Development of AWS solutions for business systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers including
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Working closely with the cloud migration engineer to ensure successful migrations to cloud
- Produces short form designs to facilitate the migration of application to the AWS environment
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
- Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms
- Aligns application designs with established policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and completes design activities to ensure consistency.
- Experience with migrating applications between environments or to cloud
- Previously designed AWS application solution designs
- Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies
- One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. IIS / .Net and MSSQL)
- Experience designing multi-tier solutions based on windows and MSSQL
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
- Linux (SUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat)
- One or more scripting language (e.g. JSON, YAML, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions)
- Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- One or more version control platform (e.g. BitBucket, Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
Interviews for this role will be happening ASAP so if this role sounds like what you're looking for please apply today and I will call you ASAP to discuss this position.
Please note due to the urgent requirement only people with a 2 week notice or less will be considered at this stage.
For more information please contact Jamie Hanlon from Progressive IT.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com