I currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to join a key client on a 6 months contract based in Sydney CBD.
Ideally you will come from a strong Infrastructure background and will support the delivery teams who are responsible for designing, implementing and testing services and supporting cloud-infrastructure components. Joining a well-established team you will be a go getter and ready to hit the ground running and always keen to learn new things.
Some of the day to day tasks include:
- Leading the infrastructure and networking technical design activities.
- Supporting and upskilling the team to effectively deploy and maintain infrastructure solutions
- Coordinating and leading large production release schedules.
- Designing and implementing suitable application deployment automation processes.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the solution architecture to agreed standards.
- Developing expertise in the operation and management of the developed services and any supporting infrastructure products or frameworks.
- Working with project teams and vendors to shape, design, and plan technical stories as a contributing member of an agile product team
Skills and experience needed for this role:
- Hands on experience in supporting cloud deployed software components from an operating system and networking level. Experience in deployment and management of applications.
- Good understanding of infrastructure architectures such as, CDN, Web Server Clusters, Scalable Web Architecture, Distributed Systems and Cache technologies.
- Some hands on experience with AWS CloudFormation, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- 2+ years working within the AWS ecosystem, with in depth knowledge of EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience designing and building object-oriented applications and REST services in Java (7+), with sound knowledge of implementing services within the Spring Boot framework
- Good understanding of QA techniques like code review, regression, integration, blackbox testing
- Good Understanding software development patterns such as Microservices, service-oriented architecture, and common enterprise integration patterns
- Experience in Open-Source and Commercial software communities, meet-ups and groups.
If this role is of interest to you then please get apply today and I will give you a call to discuss further.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018