Title: Canister Cleaning Technician
Pay rate: $29/hr
Duration: 6 Month - Possibility that this will convert to full time but not guaranteed.
Shift: 12 hour shift10am to 10pm or 10pm to 10am could be 60hr work weeks
Work Location: Fremont California USA
Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a canister cleaning technician on behalf of a world renowned oilfield service company. The is an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast paced environment
Duties include but not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production and productivity goals of the company.
- Effectively prioritizes their daily tasks working with the Leads and Production Supervisors
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
- Maintain accurate inventory and perform housekeeping and waste handling
- Reviews and proposes updates to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Reviews and proposes updates to the Learning Resources for the processes
- Completes their goals to achieve the plant goals and their own personal development goals
- Assemble and disassemble production equipment
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Monitor turnaround of canisters and products
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis
Skills and experience required
- Fitness for duty; e.g. ability to lift at least 50 pounds, ability to climb ladders, ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required.
- Valid driver's license
- Pass pre-employment testing, drug screening and background check
- Two or more years of experience in a chemical process operations environment as a process or production technician
- High School diploma or GED
- Successfully complete required training
- Demonstrate ability to obtain proper assistance when confronted with problem situations
- Demonstrated positive attitude and safety-first attitude
- Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant's goals
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
Preferred but not essentials skills and experience
- Associates Degree in Chemical Processing or knowledge and 2-3 years of chemical handling desirable
- Military experience with Nuclear, Electronics or Mechanical training
- Understanding of processes for chemical processing
- Knowledge of root cause investigation process and methodology
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing
If you would like to apply for this position, please call 17134231636 today
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.