Business Analyst - 6 month Contract - Sydney
I am currently working with one of our key clients in Sydney and looking for a Business Analyst with a financial background (Tm1 highly regarded). On offer is an initial 6 month contract that has the possibility to extend.
The business analyst will be placed in the IT Engagement team who are responsible for overseeing and developing the IT applications and services that support the organisations operational systems. The team is the primary interface between IT and the business and manages communication to the business community of users, managers and sponsors.
The Business Analyst role is to facilitate the engagement between IT and the organisations business teams to provide solutions and associated processes and it's business pillars. This requires understanding various business area's information needs and processes to ensure the successful implementation of IT solutions. The Business Analyst will be required to work with the business and delivery teams to ensure suitable solutions are developed that effectively meet the underlying business requirements.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work closely with various stakeholder groups to understand their business process and information needs
- Work directly with business and technical stakeholders to support the delivery of new features and enhancements
- Document business requirements, user stories, business rules and acceptance test criteria
- Analyse business processes
- Analyse business requirements
- Facilitate converting the project scope into smaller stories and tasks to tech team
- Work with developers and testers to ensure delivery of agreed solution
- Provide support to business users during user acceptance testing
- Prepare and execute test cases (if required)
- Contribute to the development of business and functional knowledge within the delivery teams
- Problem Management to analyse cause and prevent recurrence of incidents and/or minimise impact
Core Experience & Skills
- At least 3 years experience in business and IT environments.
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to translate business needs into specifications.
- Experience with testing and quality assurance.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience across the software development lifecycle.
- Delivery and quality focused.
- Commitment to team oriented success and collaboration.
- Financial background
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience designing functional FMCG solutions
- Subject matter expert in at least one of the following and their application in a business context:
- Analytics, ecommerce, ERP, CRM, Supply Chain Managemen
- Business process analysis experience.
- UI/UX experience and wireframe skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of conceptual systems design.
- Experience in designing solutions requiring enterprise application integration and data integration.
- Basic data analysis and SQL skills.
If you feel you have the necessary skill set and experience, please APPLY NOW. Please note only candidates who meet the necessary skills and experience can be considered for this role.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018