Big Data Engineer - 6 month contract - Melbourne
Progressive IT are currently working with one of our key clients and resourcing for a Big Data Engineer for a Melbourne based 6 month contract.
The Big Data Engineer will expand and optimise the clients' data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will have the ability to optimise data systems and build them from the ground up. You will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data into AWS based data lake platform
- Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing pipeline solutions
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design, develop and implement data pipelines for data migration & collection, data analytics and other data movement solutions.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Build DevOps pipeline
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please APPLY now.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018