Associate Director USP - Pharmaceuticals
We are looking for an Associate Director Upstream Process Development for the R&D department. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to play a leadership role in cell technology and cell culture process development.
You will be leading a team of 15-20 motivated and highly trained individuals. The team performs project activities ranging from DNA cloning, mammalian cell line generation and upstream process development, to development of microbial platforms. The team collaborates with the down-stream processing and assay team in a number of large process development projects which are executed according to aggressive timelines. The team performs all R&D laboratory activities, but is also responsible for cell culture activities in the pilot production facility.
- Assures that R&D activities are planned / performed and are of sufficient quality, GMP documentation is written and productions of clinical trial materials are performed.
- Coach and train staff, provide recommendations for equipment to use for e.g. scale-up and direct experiments to troubleshoot and/or support process development.
- You will report and present results internally and externally, and you will participate in regular meetings with clients.
- You will act as the Subject Matter Expert for all cell technology activities, assuring that the team delivers scientifically sound proposals for mammalian or microbial development projects.
- You will be responsible to ensure that the team is on top of relevant technology development and innovations, and for increasing the scientific know how of the team.
- You translate the long term vision into the department strategy.
You will join a stimulating group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. As part of this group, your personal as well as your managerial and scientific growth are encouraged and developed. The Associate Director reports to the Director Operations.
- A PhD or Master degree in life science, biotechnology or related subject;
- At least 10 years' experience, of which at least 5 years in a biotechnology or biopharmaceuticals
- Proven background in vaccine development and GMP production;
- At least five years' experience in a supervisory/managerial role;
- Good communication skills
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
What you can expect:
- Salary op to 100.000
- Attractive secondary benefits
- Plenty of room for own initiative
- Room for personal and professional growth
Are you ready for a new challenge as Associate director USP at an international organisation with plenty of room for own initiative and development? Then get in touch with Gaia Brouwers for more information or to apply directly: 020 530 5888 / G.brouwers [@] progressiverecruitment.com.
Progressive Recruitment is gespecialiseerd in de bemiddeling van professionals binnen de sectoren IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain en Engineering. Wij kunnen je helpen bij je zoektocht naar een tijdelijke opdracht, maar ook als je zoekt naar een permanente functie in deze sectoren. Kijk voor meer informatie op www.progressiverecruitment.com of www.progressivege.com
Progressive Recruitment is specialized in recruiting professionals in the sectors IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Engineering. We can help you find temporary and permanent job opportunities in these industries. For more information, visit www.progressiverecruitment.com or www.progressivege.com.