Bio Assistant Scientist
From one of our key clients we have received a new position for an Assistant Scientist position which is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials.
The department defines the immunological strategy supporting the clinical development, and ensures the development, and validation of the required immunological assays, and clinical sample analysis. Typical assays to determine the immunogenicity of vaccines are the antibody ELISA, T cell ELISpot, Intracellular Cytokine Staining, and virus neutralization assays.
You will report to the operations team lead of the serum assays group (performing ELISA's and Virus Neutralization assays) who will provide which required experiments need to be done in collaboration with either the Scientist (for development) or the Analytical Project Manager (for clinical sample analysis).
You will independently perform the experiments based on these study plan and lab protocols. The activities will be performed in a GCLP accredited lab, meaning that all activities must follow prescribed procedures, and must be accurately documented in lab note books. You will report the data to your supervising scientist, discuss the outcome and plan for follow up experiments.
- BSC/MSc and 3 years of relevant experience (excluding internships; research or industry experience both ok). PhD are overqualified and will not be considered.
- Must have worked in a quality minded environment.
- Must have specific hands-on technical experience with serum based immunological assays.
- Experience in pharma and/or CRO environment is a plus.
- Trained in GLP, GCLP or GMP is an advantage, but training is provided in house.
- Should be a pro-active team worker who can work independently when needed.
- Must display certain level of maturity, experience as lab trainer is a plus.
If this position is something that you want to do, and if you believe you have the right qualifications and experience required for the role, please don't hesitate and send me an email with your most recent cv and short motivation letter to j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com. You can also reach me by calling 020 530 5888
Progressive Recruitment is gespecialiseerd in de bemiddeling van professionals binnen de sectoren IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain en Engineering. Wij kunnen je helpen bij je zoektocht naar een tijdelijke opdracht, maar ook als je zoekt naar een permanente functie in deze sectoren. Kijk voor meer informatie op www.progressiverecruitment.com of www.progressivege.com
Progressive Recruitment is specialized in recruiting professionals in the sectors IT, Global Energy & Natural Recources, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Engineering. We can help you find temporary and permanent job opportunities in these industries. For more information, visit www.progressiverecruitment.com or www.progressivege.com.