Assistant Scientist - Analytical Assays & Molecular Biochemical Assays - Pharmaceutical Development Support
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, previously Crucell, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. In our organization entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'cando' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. For our organization we are currently searching for a fulltime:
The Pharmaceutical Development Support (PDS) forms together with AA, MBA and QCD the Analytical Development (AD) department. PDS is a multidisciplinary team which performs both analytical assays and molecular biology assays. PDS performs sample analysis to support the process development for our internal and external customers e.g. Up Stream Processes (USP), Down Stream Processes (DSP) and Formulation Development (FD).
We are searching for a motivated candidate with a can do mentality to reinforce our team as an assistant scientist (technician) experienced in both analytical techniques and molecular biochemical techniques. You will perform different assays like chromatography methods (HPLC/UPLC), capillary electrophoresis (CZE and CGE), light scattering (DLS), qPCR and ELISA. You will work in a multidisciplinary team that work closely together with our customers and strives to deliver results with a high quality and speed.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
* Sample analysis for internal (& external) customers
* Executing analytical and molecular biochemical methods
* Data analysis and reporting
* Responsible for documentation e.g. CofAs and trending reports
* You will have some responsibilities such as assay responsible, shipments, material ordering, etc.
* Participating in Continuous Improvement projects (LEAN) The position involves handling of biologically active substances.
* MLO+ / BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular and/or Cell biology or related fields.
* Minimal 3 year experience as a technician with a wide range of analytical techniques and molecular biochemical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC-chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, light scattering, qPCR and/or ELISA, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
* Experience in good documentation and quality systems (GxP) are preferable.
Competences: You like challenging lab work and are accurate, pro-active, flexible, reliable, show initiative and with a high quality standard during your daily work.
To send out an application, please send me your most recent CV + cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com